How do you count the number of double stitches between picots?

I am working on the IOLI Proficiency Program in Tatting. Participants are instructed to replicate numerous tatted samples. To accomplish this, we are provided with photographs of each completed piece, along with patterns. Patterns are presented in chart, "modern shorthand", or narrative form.

Sometimes, it seems as if the number of double stitches between picots differ in the photographs compared to the patterns. So, my question to all of you is, how do you count the number of double stitches between picots?

For example, how many double stitches do you count in a pattern that says: 2 ds, 1 p, 2 ds, 1 p

How many double stitches do you count in a pattern that says: 2 picots divided by 2 double stitches

Thank you in advance for your insights!

Views: 115

Replies to This Discussion

I read the Australian Lace Guild's Tatting Proficiency.  It seems very challenging.  And, exciting.  I am still poking along with the Tatters Across Time Phase 3 proficiency.  Whenever I finish it I might enjoy the Australian proficiency challenges!

Tatters Across Time -- Ooh! I must look them up!!!!!! thanks for pointing me in their direction!

The Aussie Proficiencies are in 3 Stages.  I plan to just have a go at Stage 1, - and check out the IOLI Stage 1, too.  Nothing to be taken seriously, - just something to help me learn more about the craft, and try new techniques, and maybe concentrate my mind on completing pieces, - not just flitting around with a UFO on every shuttle (so then I buy more shuttles because the others are busy!!!!!!!!!!!   :)  )

The greatest aspect to tatting is the tatterse who are the most caring and sharing bu ch of people in the world. I am happy to help whereever I can. And I keep learning all the time, too.

I have found that with All lacemakers, Georgia. They are loving, kind, helpful, and very friendly people.

Must be something to do with the craft, threads, equi[pment, etc!!!  But it is a privilege to be counted amongst them.

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Events

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2018   Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service