Hello Everybody, I'm looking for this book. The patterns and explaination of Ulrike are really amazing and i'd like to have this book as weel, so if anyone has and doesn't want or if anyone knows where I can buy it. it would be wonderful because I can't see it in Amazon and in Barbara Fay....

Just for the news, She has wrote a new book with Patterns of Chantilly, Barjac, Flanders... which are absolutly marvelous....

The book is called Emilie Krüger which is the woman who has drawn the pictures in whcih the patterns are based.

Nice bobbin lace!

Views: 435

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps Barbara Fay?

No, it's the first place I've seen... Thank you

Hi Arzhela,  Did you want the first volume or Schwartzarbeit Deel II? I think I have a duplicate of Deel II (although I can't find it right now--I'll look harder if that's the one you want, because it has more explanatory drawings in it) and I'd be willing to give up my copy of the first volume if that's the one you want (I'm too besotted with Binche and Flanders to ever do Chantilly at my age). I've searched some rare book dealers' sites and neither book is offered for sale there, which means that if one did come up for sale it would be extremely expensive. We won't use that to determine a price!  Perhaps you could pay me what I paid for them, which was $69.95 in the case of Deel II, and probably the same for the first volume (it was quite a while ago). Shipping would be at actual cost.

Second volume is listed at http://www.vansciverbobbinlace.com/1Books.html

Dear Arzhela,

It would help to know where you are, as shipping can add significantly to the price of the book.  Holly Van Sciver sells Schwarzarbeit Band II at the regular price.  No Band I mentioned.  lrb

You'll have to check with Holly about Band/Deel II. She told me that the one I bought at the last Ithaca lace days was the last one she had and that it was out-of-print. The listing on her website is frequently out-of-date vis-a-vis whether something is in stock. That's why I didn't mention that she had it listed, for $69.95--which is what I assume I paid for it last year--it should be marked in my copy when I find it.

Arzhela

There is a group on facebook whose purpose is to post lace books and equipment being offered for sale, or statements from people looking for something specific. You would have to join the group. But it might help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bobbinlacemarket/ 

Hello everybody,

Thank you for all informations. I'm looking for the first. We have the second and it is listed in too many places.

I'll see in the facebook group to see if anyone want to sale.

have a nice day!

Arzhela

Thank you I know but I'm looking for this book concretely because of the diagrams of Ulrike. It's an amazing Head and a veray important person for the lacemakers who love and make usually Chantilly lace.

Hello Arzhela,

I'm perfectly happy to sell you the first volume for what I probably paid for it -- $69.95 plus cost of shipping. As I said, I probably wouldn't be using it myself.  Although Ulrike's diagrams are indeed amazing in how helpful they are.

Let me know. The offer will be good if you post on the facebook group and don't get a better offer there.

Nancy

Arzhela LE MAITRE said:

Hello everybody,

Thank you for all informations. I'm looking for the first. We have the second and it is listed in too many places.

I'll see in the facebook group to see if anyone want to sale.

have a nice day!

Arzhela

Nancy A. Neff said:

You'll have to check with Holly about Band/Deel II. She told me that the one I bought at the last Ithaca lace days was the last one she had and that it was out-of-print. The listing on her website is frequently out-of-date vis-a-vis whether something is in stock. That's why I didn't mention that she had it listed, for $69.95--which is what I assume I paid for it last year--it should be marked in my copy when I find it.

Hello Nancy,

I've received a post from you in my email telling me that you would sell me the book because you won't use it. But I'm not able to see it here. So I'm not too sure to have the good information because I can't see all the message.

I'm really glad if you can help me with this book because I'm really interested in this. Could you contact me directly to see this possibility? isarzhe@yahoo.es

Thank you soo much

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2018   Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service