I'd like to hear some pros and cons to the IOLI point ground proficiency program. I'm thinking of trying it. 

I have no group in my area, so that would be a reason to do it. But I do attend conferences like the Winter Lace Conference and the upcoming IOLI in St. Paul, so maybe it's not worth it. I've always wondered what those who've tried it think. So glad to have this forum to find out!

Views: 1201

Replies to This Discussion

Linda- I just joined the group. - I'm very new to bobbin lace and am only working on

my first couple of Torchon Samplers this month- I'm curiuos as to how you are coming with the profiiency program and whether or not you would recommend it to others.  

Thanks , Darcee

Linda Dumas said:

I have signed up for the proficiency program in point ground laces.  I received my cd with all the information at convention.   I just started looking at it.  It seems a little overwhelming so I'm going to go slow.  I will report back at my next step.

I've started the Point Ground Proficiency Program, started in June of this year.  So far I have made the first piece of Bucks once but am thinking of doing it again with a different gimp thread and better attention to passing the gimp, second piece three times--until I liked the weight of the gimp, and the third piece twice. I'm almost done with a hexagon--so far so good, maybe I'll do this one only once, I hope!  All that said, I've learned a tremendous amount so far, having a reason to do the research on the type of lace, and thinking about what to do rather than following the author's directions on thread choice.

Show us pictures! I would love to see what you are doing with the proficiency program. It might also inspire others to pursue it.

Well done. I know these proficiencies are a lot of work, and mean a lot of research, too.

I have done 2 of the Australian Lace Guild Proficiencies (Beds Lace and Needlelace) 4 Stages in each one, up to teacher level. They take a lot of time and effort./  Very best wishes go to you. Nancy.  Yes, do show us some pieces, when it is all finished,. I doubt you could show us before the finished product is submitted, though.

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Events

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2018   Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service