I've been away from doing crochet for quite a long time, but now I have this book called 'The Go-To Book for Irish Crochet Motifs and I'm interested again.  This is something I would like as I think it modernizes it a bit and I would like to include it in with my other hobbies.  I like to do more modern things now that I can use other than the doilies I've been seeing for years now.

I have attached some pictures of the book along with motifs done by me and others.

I see there are more advanced things here on Irish Crochet, but I would like to know if anyone knows more about more modern applications to the art of Irish Crochet.  I have added some files showing the book and things my group was working on.

Views: 233

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Barbara

This group on ravelry does a monthly motif project, where many members work on the same or similar motif, from different sources. http://www.ravelry.com/groups/irish-crochet-lovers    Their software is set so that you can only see their content if you join. But joining is free.

(I realize some might consider this a competing group, but they are doing a very good job of fostering growth in Irish crochet. There are more of them there than here.  Just show us everything you make and I'll be happy.)

Also take a close look at all the sites on this page, if you haven't already. There is a lot of content there. And I will keep an eye out for complex leaf forms and add them to my pinterest Irish crochet page.

http://laceioli.ning.com/group/irish-crochet/page/online-resources 

Thank you again.  I went into Ravelry and looked around a bit.  It's late, so I will do it again tomorrow.  Will definitely have to check them out again.

I would like to see where they make leaves like these.  They are beautiful...!

there are more motives to make and it will be clone knot filing stitch in between

That leaf looks like the simple leaf, but 5 of them stuck together.

one    two  

Barbara, please post links to photos, not the photo itself.

I borrowed Kathryn White's book from the local library. It is a wonderful book, especially her instructions on making cords. I also like her "updated" patterns for the traditional motifs, although I am most attracted to her traditional techniques.

Megan

Please post info on the Kathryn White book here   http://laceioli.ning.com/group/irish-crochet/page/good-books-pamphl...    so we can build up a list of good books.  How many pages? How many designs? A teaching book or a pattern book? Does she use diagrams or verbal descriptions?

I would like the name of the Kathryn White book that you are talking about.  Please post information on it on the page put aside by thee Administrator.  I would like to see if that book is available in our libraries here.  

Thanks Megan..

Megan Stimpson said:

I borrowed Kathryn White's book from the local library. It is a wonderful book, especially her instructions on making cords. I also like her "updated" patterns for the traditional motifs, although I am most attracted to her traditional techniques.

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Events

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2018   Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service