The convention is off to a great start! Opening dinner last night was great! Entertainment was fun, with magic tricks in the Gold Rush setting. Now we are beginning our classes.

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

If you happen to run into Jan Niederloh, please say hi to her from her lace group...Lighthouse Lacers..

!f you can't, no problem.

Wish I was there...

Barbara Gordon

Tell us all about the classes you are taking.

I would also like to know what class ('s) your taking to.  I wish I could go shopping there also..!   There are some retailers there to, right?  Such fun..

I am taking Schneeberger with Lia.  Very good teacher!  She is so patient and the beginners pattern has many techniques that will help me further in making the lace once I am home.  Adding pairs to make the leaves or to make plait with picots.

Today was the day for tours. Most attendees went on a tour. It was also the 1st day we were open to the public.  Good turn out!

Administrator said:

Tell us all about the classes you are taking.

I am taking Schneeberger with Lia.  Yes there is a room full of vendors here.  Fantastic selections and I can hold the book and look through it and actually look at the threads and bobbins, shuttles, etc.  Such Fun is a good discription!

Barbara Gordon said:

I would also like to know what class ('s) your taking to.  I wish I could go shopping there also..!   There are some retailers there to, right?  Such fun..

I love it when I can near vendors.  Looking through a book before purchase is what of the better things to do.  Such fun is right!  I'm sure jealous..

One person in our lace group went to the convention and came back showing a lot of beautiful gifts that she had received there.  All were very nice, and looked like a lot of time spent on making them to.

She again had a great time, and shared a lot with all of us.  Sure wish I could afford to go...;-((

I had a great time at Convention.

I did the mornings only class with Gil Dye on Gold & Silver Early Laces, and it really stretched my mind! (and unfortunately, due to old age, my mind is not as elastic as it used to be!! ) I learned a lot, though, and am hooked on these early laces!! metallic threads have a mind of their own, so that was a step backwards to start with, - but all good fun. Working without a pricking, and only on blank graph paper was an enormous challenge for me, and I have some very odd samples - but I always think you learn more by mistakes than by doing correctly in the first place.  

I am now going to do metallic bling!!!  I learned how to add sequins - or spangles as they called them in those days - and beads, and with Gil's 3 new books, - there is nothing to stop me, now!!!!!!!

A big thank you to the Gold Country lace makers for such an enjoyable week.  The hotel was good, and all the staff courteous and helpful.

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2017   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service