I am hoping to learn more about this gorgeous lace collar. I am so impressed when I see the color markings on other posts by admin. I am also so impressed by the amount of knowledge on this amazing site. Thank you to all for your time and for sharing your knowledge.  I sure hope to have half of your knowledge in identifying lace someday. In the mean time I am reading the different posts and the wonderful information shared. I think what is really confusing me is telling the difference between handmade and machine made. This probably sounds silly  but this collar is in perfect condition, I cannot see any issues whats so ever, is that possible? I would love to learn its age and any other information that can be shared. Thank you again so very much. I am hoping that the close up pictures are clear.

Views: 179

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Lorene

Glad to help. Most of us have been doing lace for many years, 35 in my case. I started and then decided to try them all, but have done more bobbin and needle recently. Those are my specialties. Knowing how to make the lace lets us understand what is possible for each technique, and what is impossible. And over that span of time we have the opportunity to view different styles of lace, and so can distinguish them. Of course, the internet has vastly improved our ability to communicate and learn from each other's work. I have used what resources the internet, and its various softwares, makes available. My pinterest boards are a major gift. Their software lets me collect links to all kinds of photos. I have the boards sorted by structural type, with modern and antique examples of each type and style on the same board. So you can see how traditional Duchesse looks (for instance) and how modern designs and work in the same tradition have slightly altered the appearance, while the technique and working methods remain the same.

I love lace mostly because of its complexities, and because of my admiration for the skill of those old time lacemakers who lived very close to the bone, but could do amazing things.

Lorelei

RSS

Translate This Site

Photos

Loading…

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Events

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2017   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service