HI All,

I have recently acquired this wonderful lace collar which I believe is a needle or needlepoint lace. Even though I have purchased 3 books on lace ID(which I love by the way)  I often become confused about the different styles as there are similarities among them.  However, I couldn't seem to find anything like this in my research.

Wondering if anyone would be so kind to assist me in identifying the style of lace, origin and possible age?  

Thanks so much for your time!

Views: 290

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Lorelei,  I am surprised at the first and 3rd photos being chemical lace ...never would have guessed those!  The other two yes,

I will try to take a better close-up of the back of the lace collar in the next day or two and post it.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I was finally able to get a better close-up of the back using a lightbox!   Thanks for your patience. I think you may be surprised at what the details show...I know that I was!   Do you still think it's embroidery?

Thanks so much!

Jill

Attachments:

Hi Leslie, I was finally able to get a really good close-up  photo of the back..thanks for your time!

Leslie Sercombe said:

You are quite right it does look as though the fabric has been cut away from the back, (would still love a look at the back). This leaving the motifs joined without any bars or other means of attachment. On reflection, as there is a variation of only three motifs assembled to form this beautiful garment it is now obvious to me it is embroidered cut work. Thank you very much.  

Attachments:

Yes, it does look like embroidery to me.

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2017   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service