I gather that certain lace traditions do a half stitch as TC rather than CT. They describe this as "starting lace stitches with a twist". But how do they do cloth stitch (CTC)? I can't figure out how that could start with a twist. Is this way of making lace in fact "all lace stitches except cloth stitch start with a twist, but cloth stitch is CTC"?

I want to put this in my website, but obviously I'd like to get it right!

Views: 114

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good! And as you say, it all results in lace, which is the main goal. :)

Jo Edkins said:

Thank you everyone! I've written my new webpage of the different traditions:

http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/lace/otctvtc.htm

As you can see, I've quoted some of the above! Very useful.

workers, walkers, weaver, leader, runners. delicious. Having all the names in one place.   I no longer think in terms of the name of a stitch, but what movements it consists of. 

There are probably more names - but those are the 5 that  I know - and have heard used!!

Looking at the history of the craft, it sprang up in so many places, and in those days the 'ordinary' people did not travel far, - 10 miles to another village was a Long Journey!, so people invented their own ways of working a pattern, and used their own terminology for it.

The History of Lace is fascinating!

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2017   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service