I gather that certain lace traditions do a half stitch as TC rather than CT. They describe this as "starting lace stitches with a twist". But how do they do cloth stitch (CTC)? I can't figure out how that could start with a twist. Is this way of making lace in fact "all lace stitches except cloth stitch start with a twist, but cloth stitch is CTC"?

I want to put this in my website, but obviously I'd like to get it right!

Views: 111

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good! And as you say, it all results in lace, which is the main goal. :)

Jo Edkins said:

Thank you everyone! I've written my new webpage of the different traditions:

http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/lace/otctvtc.htm

As you can see, I've quoted some of the above! Very useful.

workers, walkers, weaver, leader, runners. delicious. Having all the names in one place.   I no longer think in terms of the name of a stitch, but what movements it consists of. 

There are probably more names - but those are the 5 that  I know - and have heard used!!

Looking at the history of the craft, it sprang up in so many places, and in those days the 'ordinary' people did not travel far, - 10 miles to another village was a Long Journey!, so people invented their own ways of working a pattern, and used their own terminology for it.

The History of Lace is fascinating!

RSS

Translate This Site

Photos

Loading…

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Members

Badge

Loading…

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2017   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service