As I spend my Birthday money I'm am stuck once again as the crazy high prices of some lace books.  The two Milanese books by Patricia Read are now going for $750 - $850.  I don't know of any lace maker with that kind of extra cash!I can't help but think that there are people in our community with books or such that would gladly sell or exchange items for far less than the $$$ rare book sellers are charging.  Or am I the only one?

----------------------------------

We can now use this DISCUSSION as the base for notices about lace related items you are buying or selling.  I will leave it up as a permanent DISCUSSION.  You can post lace related stuff you are selling, or books etc that you are looking for.  Our members who have websites or lace businesses can also post notes here.  And this is a change from the previous policy of no advertizing at all.

I have resisted using this site for advertizing up until now, but I suppose there is some point in posting useful information.  For a seller to post twice a month is reasonable, possibly weekly also.  Posting selling notices daily is obnoxious.  I will delete obnoxious advertizing.

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just posted the pattern for the last round of Evelyn's Doily!: https://www.etsy.com/listing/215460881/tatting-pattern-pdf-evelyns-... 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Events

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2018   Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service