There was a discussion once about Lizbeth thread and how it twisted.  I had said that I didn't have any problems with it.  I am taking it all back.   I have been making more tatted Ice Drops and I have to constantly keep untwisting the thread.  I don't know why I didn't have that problem the last time it was talked about.  I couldn't find that discussion to post this in there.  It has been a while.  I'm working on a piece now that has a lot of Josephine Knots and sometimes when it twists up it is hard to get the Josephine know to lay flat.  Will post my piece when I finish it.  

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've used Lizbeth thread for needle lace, and didn't have problems with it. But tatting would tend to intensity the twisting.

Barbara

There is a way to use the software to find a previous discussion. Look for the black bar across the very top of the screen. On the right is a search box that operates just on this network. I typed in Lizbeth and it came up with 2 links.

Thank you.  It took me two times, but I did find it.  

Administrator said:

Barbara

There is a way to use the software to find a previous discussion. Look for the black bar across the very top of the screen. On the right is a search box that operates just on this network. I typed in Lizbeth and it came up with 2 links.

And now I would totally agree, a lot.

Administrator said:

I've used Lizbeth thread for needle lace, and didn't have problems with it. But tatting would tend to intensity the twisting.

I suspect you may be working with a shuttle wound from the "other" end, Barbara.  Twist is a function of spinning the thread; when you load your shuttle, look at which direction the spiral of the thread goes.  looking down from the end of the thread towards your shuttle, is it an "S" or a "Z"?  Make a note, then unwind your thread onto another shuttle - it should reverse the direction.  Try tatting with the newly-wound shuttle and see if it makes any difference in how much you fight with too much twist or with the thread un-plying and coming apart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Groups

Members

Badge

Loading…

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2018   Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service