Hello all, I hope this is the right place to post this question...

Has anyone here made a Christine Mirecki scarf pattern?  I'm about to start the "Sabrina" scarf and I'm using the recommended thread, Bart & Francis silk yaspe, but what I can't puzzle out from the pattern is whether or not I'm supposed to enlarge the pricking before beginning.  It seemed obvious to me at first that yes, of course you would enlarge it, but I can't find anything in the booklet to indicate that or how much it needs to be enlarged.  (I don't understand German so I'm going by Google Translate here.) That made me think that maybe it should just be "as is" - but as I'm winding the stated number of bobbins I'm thinking there's no way that many threads are going to fit that small a pricking.  

Any help would be appreciated.....

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never mind!  I've got my answer.

Be sure to show us pictures!

I'm curious to know what you found out..!  Did you have to enlarge it or something?

Katherine Moore said:

No Barbara, the pattern is worked "as is".  I have a friend who was working the same pattern a while ago - don't know why I didn't think to ask her first!  And all the threads fit just fine!

Barbara Gordon said:

I'm curious to know what you found out..!  Did you have to enlarge it or something?

Katherine Moore said:

Sorry, for some reason I didn't see your comment before now!  I will get some pictures up soon.  Thanks for asking!

Administrator said:

Be sure to show us pictures!

Thank you Katherine...

Katherine Moore said:

No Barbara, the pattern is worked "as is".  I have a friend who was working the same pattern a while ago - don't know why I didn't think to ask her first!  And all the threads fit just fine!

Barbara Gordon said:

Katherine Moore said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Translate This Site

Notes

HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:07pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 9, 2014.

PHOTOS

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Sep 2, 2014.

How to Post a Long Article

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Mar 7, 2013.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Dec 20, 2012.

How to embed a video on the IOLI site

Created by Tatman Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26pm. Last updated by Lorelei Halley Administrator Jan 25, 2012.

Members

Badge

Loading…

Events

Other Events

Laurie Waters has a very substantial EVENTS list on lacenews.

http://lacenews.net/lace-event-calendars/).   

EU Cookie Directive

© 2019   Created by Lorelei Halley Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service